Sunday, May 10, 2009

Before Take Off

This entire semester has been a test of my endurance only to prepare me for experiences that will challenge my stamina even more. I have come to realize that despite my natural inclination to push people away...I need people. And I absolutely love the people around me, everyday they surprise me with their charm, their warmth and I am even intrigued by our disagreements becuase they serve as another means by which we can grow as individuals and as friends. It has taken me a long time to understand relationship dynamics and by no means do I know everything. But I know one thing for sure, I value every friend and family member with whom I have a relationship and I look forward to imporving upon those relationships as I continue to sculpt my existence and my character.

I look at this trip to Ghana as an opportunity. An opportunity to learn not only about herbs and Ghanaian culture but also about myself and I will hopefully return with a renewed since of purpose.

I would be remiss if I didn't give a shout out to my fellow LCers for being so awesome, my parents for not completely freaking out about massage therapy school, my DYNAMIC E-board for holding it down at LC and planning a terrific year for 09-10, and my friends, who through thick and thin have remained true and I look forward to the years to come.

Check my blog every once and a while this summer and leave some feedback, I'll be reporting on my project and my MCAT studying, and my weekend adventures, etc.

Peace out,
Ayanna

No comments:

Post a Comment