Wednesday, May 20, 2009

•Woke up at 6:00 a.m. because it was already fully light outside with a light overcast. Weather.com was wrong, not a drop of rain fell today.

•Raman took us to change money, and then out to lunch.

•The food was great!! I can’t wait to eat more. For lunch I had red red (fried plaintain and black eyed peas), jollof rice, and fresh squeezed pineapple juice!!


•On the way to change our money, we saw a car crash w/a motorcycle and a taxi (I think).

•I was expecting that the exchange rate would be 1 dollar to 1 cedi but currently it is 1 dollar to 1.45 cedi, I got 142 cedis for a 100 dollar bill, I was so geeked.

•Polina, Alonna “Niké”, and I went to the internet café, my computer died on me before I could send all the emails I needed to or upload my blog.

•I got my hair braided for 8 cedis, amazing deal.

•At the salon I watched “Let’s Dance,” the Nigerian version of “So you think you can dance."

•There was a little girl in the salon and she started to scream and cry, her mother yelled…be quiet, be quiet, be quiet, be quiet…the girl kept crying, so the mom hit her hand and repeated…be quiet, be quiet, be quiet, be quiet, be quiet (louder and louder)…then she swooped the toddler up and said GO TO SLEEP, said be quiet one more time, and the girl was knocked out within 3 seconds…it was amazing… like magic.

•We met two Nigerian medical students, who live in our hostel, named Temitope and Adebimpe. They’re doing there “elective” here in Ghana and we’re going to the club with them tonight.


•Our night out was lots of fun, we went to a very nice upscale bar, drank and danced until about 12 a.m. then we headed for a club called Tantra…where they play a mix of techno house music and hip hop, this was also had a very upscale feel, with a mixed crowd. We left around three but the club doesn’t close until sun break…we just couldn’t hang…such a long day warrants a good night’s sleep…and that’s exactly what we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment