Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Today, I woke up around 11 a.m., only to find that there was no running water. But no worries, there is a reservoir outside that we can collect water from and rinse the soap off of your body by pouring a bucket of water on yourself…it is actually pretty cool, lol…I’m probably one of the only people who enjoy taking bucket showers. We moved very slowly during the morning (the heat + not knowing where restaurants are makes it hard to get going), so by the time we got ready to go around 1:30 p.m., I sat down on my bed and fell asleep again, lol. Then, around 3 p.m., we rounded up the crew and headed for the beach, we figured we’d find a place to eat on the way. We got to the beach, and a restaurant was conveniently placed right on the water front. So, we ordered our food (I had vegetable rice with pepper sauce on the side!!) and proceeded to be hustled by every guy selling something on the strip, haha. I don’t know why we were such a target but they were just swarming our table and being super persistent. I told a couple of them…”if I keep buying your stuff, I’ll be out here with you in a minute; u got something for me to sale?” But they were fun and I got some good deals…in total, I spent 20 cedis and got 3 necklaces and 3 bracelets. Not bad, I don’t think. Then I rode a horse and played in the water and soaked my pants real good. The darkness came…and we headed home.






No comments:

Post a Comment