Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Aburi Hospitality - Monday, July 13, 2009

I took my first full MCAT practice exam this morning, I definitely need to study more but I’m glad to have a gauge of where I am and to have an idea of the areas that need the most improvement. After the exam, I decided to take a break and go see my wood-carving friend, Kwame. I think I ended up buying another piece from him and then he took me to meet his Uncle, a former security officer for President Nkrumah and residing chief of Aburi, his sister, who was sitting in her clothing shop, a Jamaican friend, who I believe is his sister’s fiancé and his Mom, who was cooking dinner. I had a nice conversation with the Jamaican guy, I can’t remember his name, but he was just telling me about how great Christianity is and then I explained my spiritual beliefs a little and we reached common ground on God be so awesome and powerful and mysterious that no one could possibly ever truly understand “Him.” Then, we talked about how amazing it is here, how vast the resources are and how more Black people from the west need to come on over and reconnect. When I finally made it home, it was evening time, so I made a stir fry and started my black eyed peas. I ate well that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment