Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day with X – July 12th

X spent last Sunday with me. We spent most of the day talking about business plans and future plans and investing. Ben walked over with Kwame, the wood carver from the Rose Plot Restaurant. X is so cool, that when he was finished cooking, he made my plate and then he put two spoons in a bowl for he and Kwame to eat out of. That is one thing I’ve noticed about guys here…they are not intimidated by the presence of another man or even if they are they don’t show it. Sharing a plate of food with a complete stranger is the most brotherly gesture I’ve ever seen. I almost shed a tear. Kwame is trying to open a restaurant, so he took us over there, they taught me some twi, we chilled for the rest of the day, listened to some Michael Jackson, played cards, ate left over rice, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment