Monday, June 1, 2009

Friday, May 22, 2009

Today, Dr. Anderson came to the Centre. I must say it was a quite humorous experience watching him trying to explain to Dr. Sitti why there is no follow-up data from the plant extracts that were sent back to the States in 2007 and 2008 and how he doesn’t have any protocols for any of the experiments he wants us to do this summer. Dr. Sitti’s small chuckles made it even better! Thankfully, we got some concrete plans down by the time he left and it will be up to Alanna and I to expand on all of our major objectives by adding specific procedural steps. Our project will definitely break some research boundaries and take what has been done in the past, by our MHIRT predecessors, a step further. After work, we went to the craft market in Aburi where I bought 2 handmade carvings, one of which is too big to fit in any of my luggage…oops! Lol, I’ll figure all that out later. Because we were with Dr. Anderson, she gave us these amazing discounts…and when I say amazing…I mean she gave me a 50% discount on each of my carvings!! My apartment isn’t ready for all this African beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment