Monday, June 1, 2009

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Today was a good day…like everyday…but it was especially good because it is a Thursday and I was born on a Thursday, hence my name in Twi is Yaa, which is coincidently similar to my real name…Ayanna! It was also a good day because we began working in the lab. We learned how to identify certain unwanted compounds in an herbal concoction including reducing sugars, phenolic compounds, polyurinides, saponins, alkyloids and more. It was like being in orgo lab but without the pressure of performing, only the luxury of absorbing information at my own pace. Sami was a great help, he walked us through each of the procedures and after lunch we went back through each on our own with a different drug. Then, to top the day off, Tope came to visit us and I rocked their socks in tunk! And Tope got lucky and won B.S. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment