Monday, June 29, 2009

Week 6

Two days ago, Ben, the medical student who is working with us on our project, arrived. After work, the three of us went to the internet cafĂ© and while Ben was standing outside waiting for us to finish, he met a man named Wade. Now, under normal circumstances, Alanna and I probably wouldn’t have gone with him but since Ben was with us, we agreed to go to his house with him. Wade is African American but he moved to Ghana about 15 years ago. He owns 10 acres of land in Aburi and he has a farm somewhere else in Ghana and 3 acres in Costa Rica. He’s been to probably over 100 countries and so on. Enough about Wade, let me tell you about his house!! He built his house in an octagonal shape and it is located on the top of a mountain, right at the edge, overlooking a vast valley with more mountains on the other side. It was the kind of thing I’ve had dreams about but doubted that I would ever see. So of course, I’m now determined to build my own house on the side of a mountain somewhere.

My throat was sore all that day and when I woke up yesterday my voice was gone, I had a fever, chills, headache, muscle pains, basically, I felt like crap, so I didn’t go to work. I worked up enough energy to go into town and buy some malaria medicine and some units for my phone. But I didn’t have enough money left for food, so when I got back I made “Campbell’s” Tomato soup:
1) Boiled 200 ml of water.
2) Scooped some out and melted some peanut butter with the hot water.
3) Added tomato paste to the pot.
4) Added the peanut butter water.
5) Added 3 cubes of sugar.

Actually, I think it was better that Campbell’s…sometimes you just gotta work with what you got.

Today, I’m still sick and I’m at home being a lazy bum but I’m about to start some MCAT practice sets. I ran out of tissues, so I’ve been blowing my nose with one of my t-shirts, lol. And I cooked spaghetti but I didn’t feel like making sauce, so I just poured soy sauce, hot pepper powder and complete seasoning on it. It tasted just like spicy ramen noodles.

1 comment:

  1. awwww, i'm sorry you got sick! :-( :-( Feel better! I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete